HOW TO BUILD THE ULTIMATE EVENT PLANNING TOOLKIT
With March just around the corner, the Jackson Spalding Events team has already started spring cleaning! As event season begins, it’s time to organize our event planning supplies toolkit. We’ve narrowed down our event production supplies to a list of must-haves our team lives by, and we think you’ll find them useful, too.
Grouped into several categories, these tools and products will ensure your event runs smoothly, your team stays healthy, and you can be prepared for any curveballs that will surely present themselves.
Key Steps in Proper Event Planning
Use these items to help keep your on-site team looped in with up-to-the-minute changes:
- Internal team group text / Slack / GroupMe / Zoom
- Walkie-talkie radios
- Mobile Wi-Fi hotspot(s)
- Power charger banks / cell phone chargers
These supplies will help equip your team with the ability to overcome nearly any sort of logistical, day-of challenge:
- “Doc. box:” with:
- Printed copies of vendor contracts, waivers, certificate of insurance, etc.
- Printed copies of contact sheets for vendors, colleagues, clients, venue, etc.
- Office supplies:
- Scissors/knife, Sharpies (and lots of them), pens/pencils, highlighters, envelopes, notepads, paper clips, clipboards
- Mini toolbox (hammer, screwdriver, nails)
- Power cords/power strips/extension cords
- Duct/clear tape
- Zip ties
- Bungee cords
- Blank name tags
- Paper towels
- All-purpose wipes
- Extra batteries
Hydration & Wellness
During full days of set-up and interaction with customers, it’s easy to forget the basics that help fuel you and your team. Have a stockpile of these items to ensure you and your team stay healthy. Don’t skimp in this department; the well-being of your team and event depends on it.
- Snacks (granola bars, gum, mints, things that won’t melt)
- Energy drinks and/or coffee
- First aid kit (Bandages, Antibiotic Ointment, Burn Gel Packets, Gauze Rolls, Sting Relief Wipes)
- Hand Sanitizer
- Cough drops
Want to win a point with your client? Let them know you have a treasure chest of goodies if they need anything day-of. You can also be the hero to a guest who accidentally tears their pants or spills wine on themselves.
- Bluetooth stereo
- Folding dolly
- Folding wagon
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Lint roller
- Emergency sewing kit
- Safety pins
- Stain remover stick
- Change of clothes for event (pack according to event type)
- Body spray deodorant
- Business cards (a plus if you have your clients’!)
- Cash (while most places take cards, cash is still sometimes needed for parking, tips, and for emergencies, in case a credit card does not work!)
- And of course, don’t forget your client’s branded swag! The list can be long and includes everything from tote bags to lanyards, to lip balm and pens to pint glasses. Do your research and find out what the best fit is for your client/event and package it up in a fun and memorable way.
Event Planning Agency in Atlanta, Dallas, Los Angeles
Interested in Jackson Spalding’s event work? Check it out here. And don’t hesitate to get in touch with your upcoming event needs!