ATLANTA – For the second consecutive year, Jackson Spalding ranks in the top 10 Atlanta workplaces among companies with fewer than 150 employees, according to The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Top 150 Atlanta Workplaces of 2015.
No other communications agency (in any discipline – PR, marketing, digital or advertising) placed higher than 50 in the small workplaces category, and no agency other than Jackson Spalding finished in the top 10 in any category.
The AJC Top Workplaces Award recognizes small, midsize and large businesses across metro Atlanta for significant investment in their employees. Results are based on print and online surveys distributed to almost 50,000 employees from nearly 250 companies by AJC partner Workplace Dynamics.
“Great people make for great workplaces, and we are fortunate to have a truly outstanding group on many levels,” said Bo Spalding, co-founder of Jackson Spalding.
Jackson Spalding hired 20 full-time team members in 2014, expanding its branding, marketing, digital and public relations expertise. Joining 100 existing professionals at the firm’s Atlanta, Athens and Dallas, Texas workplaces, they bring rich experience, expertise and perspectives on an array of disciplines. The new additions to Jackson Spalding in 2014 included (in alphabetical order):
- Annalise Coronel (public relations), formerly an intern with the pop music trio “Laughing Pizza”
- Kristin Couch (sports marketing), formerly a TV journalist in New York and Georgia
- Charles Edwards (crisis management), formerly a journalist and on-air anchor for WABE Atlanta
- Courtney Ehrler (public relations), formerly an intern with The Weather Channel Corporate Communications
- Tyler Hartsook (digital strategy), formerly a digital strategist with Rockfish Digital
- Carolina Hazard (public relations), formerly an intern with Q100
- Alicin Hendricks (administration and public relations), formerly an account manager with The Athens Banner-Herald
- Cody Nichelson (public relations), formerly an intern with Southern Company
- Bekki Poelker (public relations), formerly a producer with WXIA
- Tom Quinn (chief financial officer), formerly held c-suite positions, most recently Northside Psychological Services
- Joy Terrell (public relations), formerly an intern with The Coca-Cola Company
- Chuck Toney (education practice leader/crisis), formerly assistant to the President at the University of Georgia
- Megan Wissinger (public relations / internal communications), formerly internal communications manager at National Geographic
As Jackson Spalding approaches its 20th anniversary in July, the privately owned firm maintains its mission to advance clients and communities through “great work and good works.” Team members currently volunteer for more than 70 not-for-profit and civic organizations focused on healthcare, education, child and human services, the arts, economic development, religion, sports and others.
About Jackson Spalding
Jackson Spalding is one of the largest independent, integrated marketing firms in the Southeast. The company has three offices (Atlanta, Athens, Georgia. and Dallas, Texas), more than 120 team members and a client roster that includes The Coca-Cola Company, the Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia, Mattress Firm, Orkin, Toyota, Kilpatrick Townsend, Delta Air Lines, Chick-fil-A, SCANA Energy, the College Football Hall of Fame, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Google and Primrose Schools. Over the past four years the firm has won more than 50 awards, was named “Best Legal PR Firm” in Atlanta by the Daily Report in 2012, 2013 and 2014, and was ranked in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution Top Workplace study in 2014 and 2015. For more information, visit www.jacksonspalding.com.