In preparation for spring and another exciting season of events, the Jackson Spalding Events team paused to tidy up our planning toolkit. We narrowed down our event production supplies to a list of must-haves to live by.
We’ve grouped them in to several categories to ensure that things run smoothly, your team stays healthy and you can be prepared for any curveballs that will surely present themselves.
Use these items to help keep your on-site team looped in with up-to-the-minute changes:
- Walkie-talkie radios
- Internal team group text / Slack / GroupMe
- Mobile Wifi hotspot
- Cell phone chargers
- Extra batteries
TOOLS & NECESSITIES
These supplies will equip your team with the ability to overcome nearly any sort of logistical, day-of challenges:
- “Doc box:” Copies of vendor contracts, waivers, certificate of insurance, etc.
- Contact sheet for vendors, colleagues, clients, venue, etc.
- Office supplies: Scissors/knife, Sharpies (and lots of them) envelopes, notepads, pens/pencils, highlighters, paper clips, clipboards
- Power cords / power strips / extension cords
- Duct tape
- Zip ties
- Bungee cords
- Blank name tags
- Paper towels, wet wipes, Windex wipes
- Business cards
HYDRATION / WELLNESS
It’s easy to forget the basics – but it helps if you have a stockpile of resources to fuel your long day. Don’t skimp in this department, the well-being of your team and event depends on it.
- Snacks (granola bars, gum, mints, things that won’t melt)
- Energy drinks and/or coffee
- First aid kit
- Cough drops
Want to win a point with your client? Let them know you’ve got this treasure chest of goodies if they need anything day-of. You can also be the hero to a guest who accidentally tears their pants or spills wine on themselves.
- Bug spray
- Hand sanitizer
- Lint roller
- Emergency sewing kit
- Stain remover stick
- Change of clothes for event
And of course, don’t forget your client’s branded swag! The list is long and includes everything from tote bags to thumb drives, lanyards to lip balm and pens to pint glasses. Figure out what the best fit is for your client and package it up in a fun and memorable way.