ATLANTA (March 11, 2013) – Jackson Spalding is honored to add eight new team members into the fold, ones that bring various skill sets and backgrounds but all have the desired 5 C’s necessary to be successful at the firm: competency, character, class, chemistry and confidence. These professionals hit the ground running and have become deeply immersed in our clients’ brands, goals and teams. Beginning with the team members added in the final days of 2012 to current, we introduce:
- Colleen Murphy, who began as an intern in our Atlanta office during the summer of 2012 after graduating with dual degrees in History and Public Relations from the University of Georgia. While at UGA, Colleen was a majorette with the Redcoat Marching Band and served as team captain for three years. She was heavily involved in the Toyota pitch team as an intern and now works on Skanska USA, IDI, and SCANA Energy, among other clients.
- Kelsey Martens, a Texas native who spent most of her childhood and adolescence in Thailand, where she found a love of competitive horseback riding. The Texas Tech graduate came to Jackson Spalding in the summer of 2012 as an intern and quickly made impressions inside and outside the firm, working on such Dallas-based clients as renowned landscape architectural firm OJB – The Office of James Burnett and Read Between the Lines, an upstart stationery line.
- Anne Lerner, an avid fan of Chick-fil-A who not only worked on the account at her previous firm, but continues a leadership role on the account at Jackson Spalding. Prior to this, Anne worked for CNN as a producer and as an Atlanta-area middle school teacher, where she instructed students in English, social studies, and led the gifted program, earning her “Teacher of the Year” honors.
- Jordan Jones, a former college linebacker who decided that he enjoyed the media aspect of sports more than running plays. Jordan came to Atlanta after honing his skills as a media buyer for a marketing firm and an eyewear company and as a community relations intern at a Fox Sports affiliate all in Dallas, Texas. He is now an advertising and media buyer for various clients in Jackson Spalding’s Atlanta office and continues to moonlight as a social media coordinator with Rivals.com, a part of Yahoo! Sports.
- Stephen Lintner, a writer and search engine optimization analyst who supports both the Delta Air Lines and Orkin teams. A native Southerner who graduated from Furman University in S.C., Stephen most recently worked in San Diego specializing in website content and social media strategy. He has also spent time abroad in various countries but is glad to have his ‘southern wanderings’ back, also the name of a magazine he and some friends hope to launch in the near future.
- Kyle Stapleton, who helped secure tvsdesign, an architectural and interior design firm, as a new Jackson Spalding client during his first month at the firm. Kyle received his MBA and undergraduate degree at Georgia State University and worked as a marketing and public relations assistant for the Rialto Center for the Arts before joining JS. Kyle works primarily with real estate and transportation clients at Jackson Spalding.
- Sarah Bunbury, a LEED-certified project engineer who worked for two years in construction management before realizing that her right-brain was calling her to actively use her writing and visual design skills. The Georgia Tech (undergrad) and Georgia State (Masters) grad will focus the majority of her time on Primrose Schools and Toyota; Sarah is indeed a creative thinker who can jump between seemingly opposite fields with ease.
- Antony Bui, a modern day superhero archetype, is a videographer at Jackson Spalding by day and a break-dancer, grappler, and “YouTuber” by night. Antony began as an intern in the late summer of 2012, but was asked to stay on board a little longer as his unique style was needed on multiple client video projects. Antony graduated cum laude from the University of Georgia’s Mass Media Arts program. He officially joined JS as a full-timer on March 1st.
“Our people activate our brand,” says Glen Jackson, co-founder and partner at Jackson Spalding. “This group defines what it means to be a part of our culture, and all of us at JS are honored to call them our colleagues. I know we’ll continue to see great things from them in the months and years ahead.”
About Jackson Spalding
Jackson Spalding is one of the largest independent public relations and marketing firms in the country. The company has three offices (Athens, Atlanta and Dallas), more than 90 team members and numerous clients, including Orkin, Toyota, Delta Air Lines, SCANA Energy, Chick-fil-A, Publix Super Markets, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, Klyde Warren Park and Primrose Schools. The firm was named “Best Small Agency to Work For in the U.S.” by The Holmes Report in 2011 and “Best Legal PR Firm” in Atlanta by the Daily Report in 2012 and 2013. More information about Jackson Spalding is available at www.jacksonspalding.com.
# # #